Retail price $8
Description from Packaging:
“The Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask is a hydrogel sheet drenched in a full bottle of hydrating, skin-cooling serum. Formulated with a blend of watermelon extract, hyaluronic acid and cantella asiatica extract that helps to quench dehydrated skin, leaving it soft, supple and bouncy.”
- First and foremost, What the hell is cantella asiatica?? Need to Google brb – Ok, it’s a plant also known as Gatu Kola, and shocker – it’s found in Asia. Some benefits/uses listed are
- fatigue, anxiety, depression, wound healing, reducing scars, and the list goes on. Interesting, I’m here for it.
- Packaging is super cute, in the shape of a watermelon slice, and has a nice hard plastic backing.
- Smells good, not an overwhelming scent of watermelons like the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask or Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer (also by Glow Recipe)
- Actual mask packaged nicely, with a piece of film separating the mask from sticking to itself
- No drip or extra serum left in the package – not exactly “drenched” like the description says
- Feels good on the skin, soothing, no tingling, no irritations
- Cooling effect after a few minutes of being on
- Glow-y ✓
- Looked and felt Hydrated ✓
- feels soft to the touch ✓
- Slightly sticky though- it says it’s a good primer for make – up which would make sense for foundation to wear better. ✓
- Bouncy ✓ – a trick to test “bounciness” is to take your pointer and middle finger, lightly pinch together skin on the cheek or forehead (or both) and release. Depending on how quickly it snaps back can determine bounciness.
Yay! It did what it said it would do! Now am I totally in love, got to buy again, can’t live without? No, I think this will be a one time buy, especially being $8. I’m glad I tried it and totally would tell someone to try it but for me personally, I wasn’t wowed – but wasn’t mad about it either. So if you’re feeling like buying a cute, good smelling, $8 mask, go ahead – I’d love to know what you think!
*Note – After doing some research on Sephora.com before use, I came across some people’s reviews complaining it left their skin with a red tint which did not happen to me. Did anyone that’s tried this mask have that problem?